Friday, June 05, 2009

Finished

Well, the school year is officially finished. I can hardly believe my lack of emotions to this...last year, I was a wreck. This year...it's just time for school to be over. I had my extra two weeks with the kids since I worked the summer program, but we were FULL all two weeks, which is rare. I might have to go back in tomorrow to finish cleaning, but for the most part I'm done. It's a weird feeling. 

I start nannying on Monday. I am freaking out inside about this, because my last nanny job was a disaster. However, I need to keep in mind that 1) This is a different family 2) I'm muich more secure in my place in Big City 3) The family was highly recommended to me by a former nanny 4) It's only for the summer 5) I think it will only be about 9 weeks of work...etc. Still, I'd appreciate some prayers!

What are you up to this weekend? I'm babysitting tonight and tomorrow night...trying to clean from my sisters' visit, bringing Hope to the airport at 4 am Sunday, possibly a pool trip with Aniya tomorrow...I think that's about it. I'm ready for a low-key weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the nanny gig. It sounds like it will be just fine. And getting someone to the airport at 4:00 AM on a Sunday kind of negates the whole "low-key" weekend in my eyes. Getting up (super) early on the weekends is a total drag in my book. Trip to the pool sounds good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!!
    And congrats to the end of another year teaching. :) You are more marketable now than this time last year. ;)

    Today we're heading off to my nephew's high school graduation party. He was valedictorian; I am so proud of him.

    Tomorrow my parents will be with us again, so it will be Mass, probably out to lunch, then something low-key.

    Have a good weekend! Hope it's semi-low key for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The end of the school year is bittersweet. I had forgotten how some years a person is sad and other years you want to hold the door open for the kids to leave. (:-D

    Sounds like the Nanny job will be a good gig. No worries.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)