Monday, June 08, 2009

Moving On


I'm missing my family this week, as summer kicks off. A year ago, I was living with them-- and loving the closeness to my siblings. I took the younger girls for ice cream, went on walks with them, played baseball with my brothers, had long talks with my parents...and it was great. I loved last summer.

I find that summer is one of the hardest times for me to be away from my family. I'll see them for a week in July, but it's not the same.

In addition, I have fear. The last summer I spent here in Big City was AWFUL. I had a job I hated, was living alone and hating it. True, I was in a different place in my life. I have a job waiting for me in August, I have friends here, I love where I live, and I'm doing okay. But the fear is still there and it's real.

God, help me to enjoy this summer-- to have fun with my friends, to enjoy the blessings I've been given. Comfort me as I adjust, yet again, to a new job. Guide me as I decide what to do about a living space for the next year...as I (insert pity party once again) go through yet another summer as pretty much the only single person I know. The End.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Beth!
    I heard you are heading this way this weekend...sounds like a great way to kick off summer. It'll be good to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you end up having an awesome summer. It's hard to be away from family and friends, in the unfamiliar, but you can make the best of it!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)