Thursday, June 11, 2009

New Job Update

The nanny job I began Monday reminded me why I love nannying (if I have a job with a great family!)- I get to feel like I'm a mom, at least for 45 hours a week! ;)

As I type, the two youngsters are still sleeping-- ahh. Once the youngest, a talkative, spunky almost five year old girl wakes up, the day flies by! Her brother, a quieter, artistic boy of seven and she make quite a pair. They argue, sure, but it's rare. Yesterday we hung out at my apartment's pool with two of my friends. Afterwards, Hope and Lyn both commented on how well behaved they both are- and it's true. Their older siblings are the same way. They've been raised in a home where respect is expected- for instance, their sixteen year old brother spent Monday (my first day) with us. He showed me everything in the house, drove me around to all the parks in the area, showed me his high school...and was extremely nice about having to cart his 4 y/o sister and a new nanny around town. A lot of teens his age act like their siblings are a piece of crap- so I feel lucky so far to be working with this family!

After a crazy day yesterday when we kicked off the day with a library trip, went to an indoor arcade to escape the rain, had lunch at my apartment, went swimming, and arrived home moments before their mom walked in the door to bring them to gymnastics, it's okay with me that they are still sleeping- in fact, I might try to sneak in a nap myself!

3 comments:

  1. Do you just nanny for the summer? It sounds like you've got a great pair of kids that you're working with. Must be a change from how you spent fall winter and spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you. :)
    It sounds great! I hope my kids become more like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me so happy to hear there are parents out there who still teach their kids to be respectful! That is so awesome that you have this job!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)