Saturday, July 18, 2009

And So It Begins

Even though I'm still on vacation, I started job searching a little last night. Craigslist doesn't have much to offer, but I sent a few emails about babysitting/office work anyway. I'll look lots more on Monday, emailing pretty much anyone who posted about jobs I think I can do. I'll also post an ad myself, after I update my resume and get it ready for potential employers. I'm going to shoot an email to the families I regularly babysit for, letting them know I'm available during the day.



I'm hesitant to say anything to my school-year boss about my summer job loss, but I do need to let her know people may be calling her regarding references for me. She's a fantastic woman but I know the school is already having money problems- none of us are getting a raise this schoool year. I don't want her to feel bad for me and create something.


I might apply to work at Kohl's, too. I love their clothes, there is one extremely close to me, and I have a friend who enjoys working for their company. I'll also stop by the library, see if they need any help...


I'm really trying to stay upbeat about this. September 9, we go back to school- so there are about seven weeks between. I will still be babysitting occasionally, but that's nothing like a full time job.



I'm feeling angry at the family that dumped me for the first time. No matter how nice I thought they were, they should NOT have called me, while I was on vacation, to do the dumping. If they had a problem with something I was/wasn't doing, they should have talked to be about it, not let me go. I'm a hard worker, I was really enjoying spending my summer with their kids, and now I have no money coming in, a shocked mind, and just plain disbelief that this actually happened.
Argh!!

3 comments:

  1. I agree, Bethany. I'm mad at them too. See, I wrote something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry this happened to you. They could've at least waited until after you returned. Keep your head up! It was nice meeting you via SITS!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)