Thursday, July 16, 2009

Vacation Interrupted

I'm still on vacation...

While on vacation, actually on my way to a beauuuutiful island with my grandmother earlier today, I got a call.

"We don't need you anymore," said the dad of the nanny family I've been working for this summer. "Our older children have decided they'd like the money and they'll be taking care of J and Z- we sent you a check for this week."

I asked him why, and he reiterated the older kid part. He said it wasn't me.

I find that hard to believe, even though who knows, maybe it's true. At the same time though, this family only knew me 4 weeks. The families I've worked for for a summer or a year, my boss at the school I've taught at for two years...they know me.

I just don't know. I don't know why. I don't know how to enjoy vacation after receiving that call. I don't know what I'm going to do for the next seven weeks.

I'll figure it out, I guess. I have no other choice, really. I'll make it through.

But I'd love some prayers and thoughts-- it's been a hard day.

6 comments:

  1. What a crappy (sorry) time to give you that news.

    Enjoy your vacation, the enemy wants nothing more than to ruin it. Have victory over that!!

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. Seriously, shame on this family for their timing. It is truly their loss.
    I don't have any doubt that SOMETHING will open up for you. God won't leave you hanging there like this. I'm sure there is a better reason. Who knows? Maybe it was even for this particular family to grow closer, and said teenagers to learn a few things. Unfortunately you are getting burned, but I do feel something will open up.

    Really do what you can to enjoy this vacation. School starting is around the corner, and you NEED this break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that. I'll be praying that something opens up for you. try to enjoy the rest of your vacation. God is in Control!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on vacation and was not able to access a computer, so I'm sorry if this late. I'm so sorry about your job loss. In my opinion this was handled very badly by that family. No wonder you feel so off kilter. Hang in there. In the meantime, I will keep you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog the other day....So sorry to hear of this bad news! I hope something great will come your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry they did that! I would feel so sad and upset!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)