Saturday, July 04, 2009

Snapshots of a Reunion



I caught a few minutes semi-alone (with 25ish people staying in the same house as me right now, that means there are still close to 10 floating around but it's "quiet"). I'm really enjoying my time with the extended family members...here's what we've been up to the first day!

(Most pics taken by my younger siblings & cousins- they enjoy stealing my camera!)

Apparently, my parents' cat had kittens about 4 weeks ago. I only discovered this when I almost ran over a few of them! Needless to say, they are adorable and seem to be the main attraction lately. :)


I enjoyed a game of baseball with my almost 3 year old godson Aidan and then he "washed" my car with a squirt gun!


Most of the crew helped put up a huge tent we (hi bethany- random note from my cousin) borrowed from a nearby homestead. We had no clue what we were doing, but it's up now!


Most of all, we're just enjoying summer days in the countryside- sunrise to sunset!

11 comments:

  1. love the little grey fluffy looking kitten and it looks like you are having a fun weekend!!!

    P.S. I'm coming over from SITS....bunny hop over to enter 4 great giveaways:http://energizerbunnysmommyreports.blogspot.com/(Dr Hippo books, CoverBee Laptop sleeve, Chex Mix bars, Piggy Paint- 10 winners in all!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh kittens.

    I melt!

    Did you take one home with you???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love discovering other teachers!

    Happy Sunday- here via SITS.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those kitten are just too darn cute! I have always liked cats but I am allergic...doesn't mix well with breathing, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. i sure know all about trying to find some quiet in a house full of people!! I was very ready to come home after our week at the lake!!! WE have 11 kittens hanging round here!! I NEED to find them a new home!!! AAAHHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, looks like a lovely July 4th weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kittens! I love it when you give the camera to the kids. They always take such fun pics!

    It looks like you had a nice fourth and great weather. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun! And that first kitty picture is absolutely ADORABLE! Reminds me of my Wally when he was little!

    Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want a Kitten....but my boyfriend would kill me, already have too. But they are SOOOOO cute!

    Stopping by from SITS to invite u to our Jewelry Giveaway. We are a small charity made up of many men/women/kids who send cards to those battling cancer.

    Get in on our Giveaway and maybe even join our program:)We have many ways people can be involved... it's such a fun project & helps others at the same time...can't get better than that.

    www.spiritjump.org

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by the blog via Derek Webb blog search! Yay for holidays and kittens and good weather!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)