Monday, July 27, 2009

Stuff It


I've been wanting to tell a lot of people to 'stuff it' lately. They all mean well, of course- suggesting "helpful" job opportunities...

"You should quit babysitting"
"So, did you find yourself a new job?"
"You should babysit if that's what you're comfortable with"
"Don't work at Kindercare!"
"Did you call So&So Co.?"
"Stinks about your job, doesn't it? The people who let you go are jerks"
"Have you looked on Craigslist?"
"If I were you I'd waitress/ go to the gold co."
"You should work at _______" (Michael's, Kohl's Target, etc.)
"You're so good with kids you'll find something"
"Have you found anything yet?"

To each of those people I have replied sweetly as possible- i enjoy it so no, no, i agree, we'll see, no, i agree, yes every hour, you're not me/when this happens to you feel free to do that, not worth it for four weeks, thanks for the confidence/ i hope so, nope!

But to them all, as a collective group? I want to say STOP!!!!!!!

Sigh. Glad we got that over and done with. I know people mean well, really and truly I do. It's just that when you have 50+ people offering their advice, and it's all conflicting, it's overwhelming.

Vent over.

4 comments:

  1. Easy solution.
    Just listen to me. I am ALWAYS right. Just ask Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way, don't listen to sharon because EYE am always right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya. I sometimes feel like everyone is trying to tell me how to live my life and instead of appreciating their comments, it just makes me feel defensive!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)