Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Return from Vacation

Usually, I love returning from vacation, getting back into my routine of work and hanging out with friends. I sift through emails, post photos of my trips here and on facebook, and easily adjust to my normal schedule.

Not so much this time.

I haven't even looked at my pictures from vacation. I know there are some beautiful photos of the islands, funny ones of the kids goofing around, cute ones of my cousins. I don't know why, but none of them have left my camera. I haven't read any blogs- not even those belonging to close friends of mine- I apologize for that.

I've been in a funk ever since I got home. I've had a few breakdowns, which are unusual for me. However, considering the manner in which I was rudely dismissed from my summer job last week, I suppose it's okay. I'm slowly finding a new normal-- sleeping in a bit more than I was, babysitting a few hours here and there when I'm able to find a job, keeping the apartment sparkling clean, catching up on paperwork and bills, not to mention all the job searching. I've put up fliers around town, put the word out with my school year boss and babysitting families, and reminded myself that seven weeks from tomorrow, school begins again.Until then, my "normal" is off-kilter and not so normal- but I'll survive somehow.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for visiting Bethany! Your blog is super cute!

    Be sure to stop back tomorrow when I post my Shred Review... I'd love your thoughts!!

    God bless-Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((hugs)))

    I'd probably be doing more of the opposite: NOT cleaning, avoiding bills, etc.

    7 weeks really isn't that far away. But I will definitely say some prayers you find something until then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm usually a little down when I get back from vacation. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try not to beat yourself up too much about this. Coming home from vacation is always a little disorienting and in this case it's even more so. Besides, you are being super productive. That's pretty impressive given the circumstances. Take your time. You'll get a bounce back in your step before you know it.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)