Saturday, August 08, 2009

Favorite Island, Part II

Part I, here


After a long, windy ferry ride, the girls and I arrived at Block Island, eager to spend the day exploring. Our first stop was one we'd visited years ago when our whole family visited the island- an animal farm. Some man began it years ago as a hobby, collecting different animals from around the world. It's pretty cool!
IMG_8184 by you.

IMG_8187 by you.

IMG_8193 by you.

This guy was cracking me up- he was playing with my sister and copying everything she was doing!

IMG_8206 by you.

IMG_8198 by you.

IMG_8202 by you.

IMG_4204 by you.

My sister saw this thermometer- I'm not completely convinced it's correct, but it was pretty hot that day!
IMG_4194 by you.

From the animal farm, we could see the beach- love it!
IMG_8200 by you.

After some delicious ice cream (we forgot to take pictures of that!) we headed towards the beach. The water was gorgeous, and the girls and I frolicked for a few hours in the waves, which were surprisingly powerful!
IMG_8217 by you.

IMG_8219 by you.

IMG_8222 by you.

IMG_8253 by you.

IMG_8287 by you.

IMG_8294 by you.

The girls also enjoyed just sitting on the edge of the beach, obviously enjoying themselves!
IMG_8254 by you.

IMG_8255 by you.

IMG_8317 by you.


Part III coming soon!

14 comments:

  1. love the picture of the ostrich peeking over the fence; sounds like he had quite the personality (I'm assuming he is an ostrich)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! Can't wait to see Part 3! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What WONDERFUL images! Cannot wait to show my animal lovin' son these pictures tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome pics...you have a great cam and super eye for capturing nature's beauty at its best!!

    PS Stopping by from SITS and invitin u to hop over and enter the fun giveaways on my site
    http://energizerbunnysmommyreports.blogspot.com/search/label/BTSC%20Giveaways

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a kangaroo! Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a lot of fun! I love that Emu - Emu`s are so hilarious.

    I love your layout - the monkeys are too happy!

    Stopping in from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My kids are loving your animal pics - looks like a ton of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually had a dream this weekend with ostriches in it - they were pecking at the windows of my car!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping in from SITS!
    Great blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow What amazing pictures and looks like a great vacation.
    Stopping by from sits to say HELLo
    COME On by for a visit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi bethany..Dropping by from SITS..Photos do tell that u had a greeeaaaattt time...Come and visit some time...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your Block Island has my Hilton Head beat! It looks so relaxing and peaceful... Maybe fewer people there? Lovely and fun photos!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)