Thursday, August 13, 2009

Four Weeks

It's hard to believe that in four weeks, an entourage of timid, outgoing, talkative, giggly, off-the-wall goofy small children will enter my classroom for yet another year of school.

On the other hand, I can't believe I have to wait four more weeks to see my students from last year- and meet all the new ones!! I'm ready now- unlike all of my coworkers ;)

I think due to the job change and friends moving, this has been a harder summer for me than I was thinking it would be, so I'm eager to get back to something familiar, where I know what's expected of me. I'm eager to spend my days with my co-workers (and the kids, of course). I'm ready to order kids' library books, print off coloring pages, organize the attendance book, get cubby tags typed...

It's a good thing I'm ready for all this, because our staff meeting is quickly approaching! Bring on the work so we can start this school year!!

(BTW, please don't remind me of this post when a month into school I'm complaining. LOL!)

4 comments:

  1. My hubby, who has been at home watching our four kids and babysitting neices and nephews all summer feels ready to teach again too! The grass is always greener...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No reminding you? Darn! ;)

    I hear ya in some ways. I am ready for the unpredictable summer schedule to resume.
    Big kids at the park annoy me. Seeing teenagers texting away while grocery shopping-no thanks.

    It will be nice for some normalcy to return. For me it's a new normalcy, but hopefully it won't take long to feel normal.

    The offer still stands! Visit before school starts if you want. :) We'd lvoe to have you, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great that you seem to be looking forward to the start of the school year so much. Most of the other "teacher blogs" are suggesting that everyone is a little bit stressed out right now. It's probably best to go into an new school year feeling relaxed and prepared. Don't worry, I won't remind you of this post a month in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my son goes to kindergarten this year and he and I are emotionally ready. physically, no. I need to go school shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)