Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Happy x14,000


Sometimes, it's hard to find things to be happy about. Most days, I'm fairly happy, but every once in a while I get down in the dumps and have a bad day- just like you do, I'm sure! ;-)

And on days like that, this book comes in handy!

I first came across it at Lyn's house, where a bulletin board is full of phrases like, "a beach sunset" and "quiet times". I found the book entertaining and ordered up a copy for myself. Hope happened to be visiting when my copy arrived, so I told her to open the book to a random page and pick a phrase that spoke to her. Unfortunately, her eyes fell on "spending Saturday morning cleaning the house", something that does NOT make Hope very happy. Oh well! ;-)

Really though, it's fun to skim through. I found a few that I liked while writing:
foliage tours
wood burning cookstoves
resting under a favorite tree
starry nights and full moons

Check it out if you get a chance- it's great for kids too!

~~

A few kidisms...

Cai: Grandma, how do you spell "clue"? Grandma: K-A-H-L-U-A


--

Me: Madi, what's your name?
Madi: Madison Magnadoodle Lastname
Me: Really? Magnadoodle?
Madi: Yep. That's what my dad calls me!

--

Madi: My new dog's name is Max the Dog when he's little. When he gets big his name will be Rocket. Now he's Max the Rocket!

--

Adam, after hearing someone in school was sick: I have to go wash the virus off my hands. Eww!

--

Adam, after a bout of coughing: I always hurt my heart from coughing


6 comments:

  1. I need this book! Some days I really need help finding things to be happy about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book sounds pretty neat! I'll have to check it out! Thanks for sharing!

    (stopping by from SITS)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting about this book! I can't wait to get it for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, love the spelling of clue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Stopping over from SITS Roll Call to say hello.

    Cool book! We could all use some happy reminders on occasion couldn't we?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the name of your blog and the design of your blog. The book you wrote about sounds like a great book.

    Stopping by from SITS

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)