Saturday, August 01, 2009

The Post In Which I Share My Favorite Island


Considering I've been gone from my apartment for about 20 days this month, I think I've done a pretty good job blogging! Yikes...20 days? That's alot! (Ok, so I started writing this in July...)

Anyway, I never did finish sharing my vacation photos! While Martha's Vineyard was absolutely gorgeous, the following day I took my sister and cousin to visit my all-time favorite island...

IMG_8119 by you.

First of all, let me say that being on a ferry for four hours with two giggly teenage girls is hysterical. They were hysterical- and it was definitely entertaining!

The girls practiced balancing a lot on the way over...
IMG_8139 by you.


We caught many a glimpse of this house, featured in the Boston Globe earlier this week- fortunately, without the mooning!!

It was a beautiful day and we saw so many boats- the water was clear & not too rocky. Thank Goodness! A few years ago tons of my family went over the Block Island and a few of the kiddos felt so sick...anyway onto happier things!
IMG_8140 by you.

IMG_8142 by you.

IMG_8147 by you.

After a few hours on the ferry, we finally caught sight of the island!
IMG_8168 by you.

This wasn't our ferry, but it sure was a butt-load...er boat-load full of people!
IMG_8178 by you.

I have tons more photos to share, but my cousins are hitting the bed soon & I have to bid them goodbye...back in a few :)

3 comments:

  1. My daughter has a couple of friends who rent or own houses on Block island and we've gone over a few times in the past two summers. It is a lot of fun. Fortunately for us (we live in RI), the ferry is only 30 minutes. I've even gone over just for the day. I had no idea you spent so much time in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, pretty pretty blue waters. :)

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)