Thursday, August 06, 2009

A Summer Fair

In between last week and this one, I've found myself really enjoying my unexpected extra time this summer. While I am SO anxious to go back to school, see all the kids, hug them, hear about what they've been up to... I've resigned myself to babysitting occasionally and otherwise...

well, enjoying summer! Since Lyn is moving this weekend (a fact neither she nor I are happy about AT ALL) we've been cramming in some fun activities!

Yesterday, we decided to head to the fair because the weather was forecase to be absolutely gorgeous- 80s and sunny.
IMG_8799 by you.


Nice weather for the fair, huh? We decided to stick it out, and by the end of the afternoon it was pretty sunny. Lyn's comment to this food was "Fried steak? Ew!" as soon as we walked in the gates. I don't think it would be that bad, but we didn't try it, so who knows!

IMG_8802 by you.

We came across lots of 4-H animals and demonstrations- I don't think I've ever seen so much wool in one place!
IMG_8804 by you.

IMG_8813 by you.


These are made of butter...
IMG_8810 by you.IMG_8811 by you.

I found my favorite booth-- ohh, I really could have gone overboard, but only bought a few pieces!
IMG_8820 by you.

IMG_8821 by you.

We happened upon the fair parade after eating delicious mini donuts-- yum!
IMG_8831 by you.

IMG_8832 by you.

IMG_8827 by you.

IMG_8826 by you.

IMG_8825 by you.

We also went to the nature preserve there- mostly butterflies and birds with a few other random animals mixed in. :)
IMG_8835 by you.

IMG_8845 by you.

IMG_8851 by you.

IMG_8853 by you.

IMG_8862 by you.


We had a great time!
IMG_8814 by you.

IMG_8868 by you.

IMG_8846 by you.

7 comments:

  1. OK, that picture of you fishing is seriously too cute.

    Candy section? I'd lose self control. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would have been my favorite booth too!!!!

    LOL! :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures! You have some real talent. I love the mama pig with her piglets. So cute. And the cardinal is stunning. Your fair looks like a lot more fun the fairs around here. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-- that looks like the best place on earth!! And now I want a baby pig. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! Love the piggy ones. My daughter, Lily has taken a baby pig almost every year for so and tell. It started in kindergarten with a pig report. We know a man that raises pigs. So much fun as babies, even my adult boys have fun when the pigs come to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen magnificent sand sculptures . . . and fantastic ice carvings . . . but butter? BUTTER?! That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)