Sunday, September 13, 2009

First Weekend Back

It's hard to believe a week ago this time I was over the US somewhere between Salt Lake City and Dallas-- this week just flew by!

The first three days of school were, dare I say, flawless? Truthfully the group we have this year makes me think that it's a third year teacher charm or something. We'll see how it goes from here, but so far it's GREAT.

On Friday night, I spent my time with Chubster, and then picked him up at noon yesterday too. He turned one earlier this week!! We went to church together (spent only about 5 minutes in the pew, but it's the thought that counts, right?) and afterward hit up a football party at my co-worker's church. It's always fun to bring the babysitting charges along with me to events.

I was up late waiting for Lyn and her boyfriend to arrive- they finally came around 2 and we all went immediately to bed, so very exciting. I wish they'd been able to stay longer, but we were all exhausted. Even with just three school days this week, I worked a full forty hours with babysitting and our phasing in the kids.

Because most of my friends have moved away in the past few months and my former young adult group has moved to doing events just once a month, I knew I needed to find something to occupy my time outside of work and babysitting, so this morning I attended a nearby Presbyterian church. They have an active young adult group and afterwards a group of us went out for lunch together. I'm crossing my fingers that this group sticks, because I miss having people my own age to hang out with, especially now that my co-teacher is 56 as opposed to Cara's 27 last year. We'll see how it goes...I'll keep you updated!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend. I plan to spend the rest of the day sleeping, cleaning and returning emails. I'm so far behind!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad your year is going so well so far! I hope it continues for you.

    And your new young adult group sounds promising. I'm sure that's going to be great for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the good year keeps up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great time!

    visiting from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my blog! And thank you for being a teacher. I have a special place in my heart for teachers. They should get paid millions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, hitting up the Presbyterians, eh? ;) Just giving you a hard time!

    Chubster sounds like so much fun. How brave of you to take him to church!
    I hope this young adult group stays, too, for your sake.
    I hope your year continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that the start of the school year is going so well. And good for you for taking steps to fill the void left when your friends moved away. I hope the new group works out for you! If not, keep looking. With such a great attitude you are sure to find a new group before too long. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)