Friday, September 11, 2009

Kidisms

From the first few days of school...kids are all 2 1/2 to 6 years old.

Me- Jack, how is your first day going?
Jack- Okay, but it's going to get worser.
Me- Why is that?
Jack- My afternoon class (a new class he'd never been to before)
Me- well, look and see who all is in your class! Maxim is in your class, Margo is in your class, you know them!!...etc.
Jack- Oh. Ok. That will be fun then!
(He was fine after this!)

~~

Me- Adam, you have all of these new friends that you need to be nice to. Leon is new here, Nina is new here, (before I could continue)
Leon- I'm not new!! I'm four and a half!!

~~

Aly- I can't wait for my second class! When is it, when is it??
Me- I'm glad you're excited, in about two minutes you can line up, okay?
Aly- Well, let's go play before THAT HAPPENS, then!

~~

Jake- my mommy has a baby in her tummy!
Me- Oh wow, congratulations! Do you want a baby sister or a baby brother?
Jake- No, not one. I want FOUR!
(Ironically, this kid was "supposed" to be an only child...)

~~

Liv, crying for her daddy the first day, finally fell asleep. About halfway through naptime, we hear:
Liv- I am all better now!

~~

Me- How was your summer, Rustin?
Rustin- Good, I got a new lunchbox!

~~
The kids were telling stories during circle time.
Garrett- So, my dog pooped and then he ATE HIS POOP!
All the kiddos- EWWWWW!!

~~

(2nd day of school)
Me- Hi, Elle!
Elle- I know you! You're my teacher!

~~

Me- Hi, Garrett!
Adam- Did you say Carrot? ::snicker, snicker::
Me- Hi, Spence!
Adam- Cents! :hehehe:

~~

Me- Lilahbelle, what did you do this summer?
Lilahbelle- Oh, I just grew. That's all!

~~

Me- Jake, do you know what your new brother or sister will be named?
Jake- I want Ferb for a boy.
Me- Ferb, huh?
Jake- yep! It's from Phineas and Ferb.
Me- oh, cool! And for a girl?
Jake- Candace. From Phineas and Ferb!!

8 comments:

  1. I grew over the summer too.... unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw!!! What great kids. Kids truly are amazing.
    You sound much happier, Bethany. I'm glad for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this things that kids say is so funny. I love.

    Stopped over from SITS today, Happy Sharefest Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids say the darndest things, don't they? I loved Leon's "I'm not new, I'm 4 1/2". Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first quote made me laugh just because it sounds just like my 9-year-old daughter. She was sure she would hate 4th grade . . . until she saw all her friends! And ended up liking her teacher after all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are cute! Kids are so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Love those. It brought back great memories from when I was teaching. -I miss those children!!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)