Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oink, Oink, ZZZZ


I'm down.
I'm sad.
I'm exhausted.
Money stuff is overwhelming me, and I don't have time to work with it.
My apartment is a mess because I haven't had the energy to clean.

I've slept almost 50% more than usual the last few nights. I work, then I sleep. I am so TIRED of being sick.

The signs point to swine flu, for the most part. One of my friends has mono, but she lives 8 hours away, so while I absolutely loved her possible idea that I might have mono as well, I don't think I do-- the only symptoms I have of mono are the ones that overlap with the oinky flu.

Thankfully I have a boss who is very supportive of shortening my often 10 hour workdays to lighter seven hour days. Today I skipped out on work two hours early but went in three hours ahead of schedule. I wanted to head to the park after work because we're having gorgeous fall days FINALLY, but there was no way- I just don't have the energy right now.

I am loving my co-workers though. I have one co-worker (Renee) that has been officially diagnosed with the swine flu, and she told me it was a week of being at work but also being completely exhausted before she felt better. Sleep, sleep, sleep is the only thing that works, is what's she's offered. Last Friday when I felt and looked awful, Renee said, "You have beautiful hair, though!" Today she asked how I felt and after my response of "Alright, still exhausted though!", her response was "Well, at least your hair is beautiful!". Renee is encouraging and cracks me up.

Another thing that has completely cracked me up is Cara's response to my not normal "I can sub but if I do I can't work as late as usual...". She keeps telling me the school will fall down if I leave. When I responded that I had to leave Friday after just two hours of work, she was all, "Okay, that's fine but you can NEVER quit working here." I guess that's a good sign that she likes having me around, and after this post, it made me feel good- I needed the encouragement badly. Thank you for all the kind comments (& emails!) regarding that post, by the way. Hopefully I'll feel better soon and be able to respond.

Until then, I'm signing off with an oink, oink.


8 comments:

  1. Oh no! Your last post you sounded exhausted but the flu! Yikes. Rest rest rest, drink drink drink! I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog hopping from the SITS roll call. I can't think of anything to say that doesn't make me sound like I'm your Mother and you don't even know me! Seriously, if you have the flu you need to stay home, drink lots of fluids and rest. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, oh! My son was diagnosed with the piggy virus yesterday. He's been not feeling well since Saturday and has been running a fever for a couple of days. More than anything, he's has just been exhausted. He didn't get out of bed at all today. And for a 13 year old that's just weird! Doctor told me to make sure he gets lots of fluids. With the swine flu you can get easily dehydrated. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you know, but rest, rest, rest. Remember everything looks worse when you are tired. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Take care of yourself and get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!

    I actually have yet to look up the syptoms of swine flu. So I'm not sure if I didn't have it or not..I know it's over with now..I'm just SO dang tired!! Is that one of the syptoms?

    Hope you get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I feel so bad for you! Just rest rest rest :) I guess that is all you can do now. It's so nice that everyone at work is so cool about it, and encouraging. That really means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry you're not well! But those pigs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)