Saturday, October 17, 2009

Painted Apple Trees



As soon as I saw this apple tree project, I knew it was perfect for my classroom. I still need to take a picture of all the apple trees together, but here's what we ended up doing!

Ironically my school was all out of apples, so we used small tomatoes, acorns found on the playground, and orange peels to create our apple trees!


The kids, a couple at a time, each chose a piece of construction paper and then dug in. I ended up painting a tree quickly just to give the younger kids an idea of what they were making, but of course they just did whatever they wanted! ;)


One of our boys is very creative- he made apple baskets, something that hadn't even crossed my mind! All of their artwork was definitely original. :)

Adam's baskets of apples to the left

It was amazing to see the difference between the older and younger kids- even our second year kids were much more adept at making apple tree shapes than the first year ones!









Of course in some of the youngest kids' work, the trees look like blobs. That's okay!


5 comments:

  1. What a fun fall project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea! I'll have to try it with the kids I nanny for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Those look great - I love the interpretation of the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like they had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've quite a group of budding artists there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)