Sunday, October 25, 2009

Random Sunday Thoughts

I just finished listening to my FPU class... I have SO many papers I need to go through from the past week or so. I need to call and schedule an oil change for my car, which was supposed to be done last week but...like everything else, got put on hold.

People are booking me for mid-December babysitting jobs already! I have been offered three jobs for the first weekend in December, but of course they're all on the same night. I hate when that happens! I always take the first job offered though, pretty much regardless of who it is. I don't wait for "better jobs" because the families I sit for are all wonderful!

I'm finally getting a chance to respond to comments from the end of September on, which is probably why most of you will be getting seemingly random emails from me (except for those of you who still have noreply@blogger.com as your email address :( ....) Ha! I have over 150 to respond to, which makes me feel popular! =)

Of course, in doing this...I discovered I never finished my posts on my trip out West! I got distracted by Picasa's new features, Jessa's departures from school, being sick...I'll finish it someday. All the posts are in my head, my head just doesn't have the ability to post while I'm working or sleeping.

A few news stories caught my eye this weekend. Of course, everyone is talking about the Balloon Boy story. I was at work or something when the story broke, so I didn't hear about it for a day or so. As soon as I read the first article and then watched an interview where the boy explicitly says "you told me to do it for the story" and the dad was all "uhhhhhh, no that's not what he really meant", I thought there was something very fishy going on!!!

I also found the story of the amnesiac teen girl who was found in NYC sad and slightly scary. How weird would it be to find yourself in a strange city, not knowing who you are? Judging from the latest story I read though, it sounds like she'll be back with her family on the West Coast soon. Still- I found it sad.

 I hope you all had a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't have any problems catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up is tough to buckle down and do, but feels SO nice once done!

    Wishing you a great week, Bethany!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)