Thursday, November 05, 2009

Adding To Subtract

I added a few things to my sidebar to keep better track of this darn Financial Peace University I'm taking part in. Last month I went slightly off budget with the whole getting sick thing- I had to buy some soup & medicine that wasn't in my budget and then I bought a small room heater because my bedroom is SO COLD.

Anyway, it's a new month so I'm attempting to be a bit more optimistic with all the money stuff. I added a bit from my babysitting jobs at the end of October to my emergency fund, found extra change and added that, same with any money I had leftover from last month. I'm at 14% of my emergency fund which isn't great, but not awful either. I have a few babysitting jobs this month but a lot of the money will be going towards Christmas- I want to be able to buy the members of my family something, even if it's small this year. That might not be Dave Ramsey's thing but I enjoy finding something for my siblings/parents. I already found a great present for my mom @ Big Lots...it's an Elvis container full of popcorn!!!!



Totally joking, Mom, and only one of my readers will get that joke anyway. Point of the story is, I'll find something a bit less tacky. ;)

I'm off to work...roasting pumpkin seeds for the kids for snack today. I'll try and take photos of them enjoying (or not) the tasty food if they turn out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)