Monday, November 23, 2009

Artsy Washington


I'll be visiting and traveling all day today so I thought I'd post one of my last Pacific Northwest photo tours! Only two days of pictures left...maybe I'll have them up by January? LOL!!

IMG_0238 (2)

On the day my brother was to move into his apartment, we had some time to kill after checking out of our motel. We headed to another state park where the trees were towering, the leaves changing (this was September first!), and the cobwebs intricately stunning. The leaves were huge, my macro setting was tested...everything was so pretty, it's hard to narrow down the photos :)

IMG_0269


IMG_0275

IMG_0261

IMG_0259

IMG_0280


IMG_0256

IMG_0299


IMG_0244


IMG_0250


IMG_0287

This shot absolutely cracks me up- it's a squirrel but he was jumping and I think it's funny...
IMG_0304

We also went to a fish hatchery, which was interesting. I had never seen one of those before!! I feel like these picture are like Magic Eye, lol...can you spy the fish and the spider?
IMG_0312

IMG_0319


IMG_0257


IMG_0260

As the sun set, my brother was settled in his new place, a one bedroom, one bath apartment on the side of a house. There was no internet at his new place, so he spent some time on the library computer while I reveled in the beauty of a small town sunset.
IMG_0323


IMG_0325 (2)




9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, you make me feel better about taking so long to put up vacation pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the forest pictures. I would LOVE to go for a hike there! And the spider web pictures are really cool too!

    I am not sure what I think about the fish hatchery. I kind of feel bad when animals are kept in like that :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures. I haaaaaate spiders more than I could possibly put into words but those pictures of the spider web are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures. The spiderweb is my favorite. Loving your new "fall" look, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are photographically talented. I am impressed! So many of these I would frame. Just gorgeous.

    Even in my hatred of living critters, ;), I can say that is a cool picture of the spider web. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. I particularly like the squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo homesick now, but I'll be heading back in a few weeks... for good! Or at least for a few months. :-)

    Thanks for bragging on my home state, Bethany! Hope your trip is splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Those pictures are stunning! I love the one of the web! I can't believe how big those leaves are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful, I love the spiderweb!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)