Monday, November 30, 2009

Back to Reality...or Something

I got back to BC yesterday afternoon and life's a roller coaster these days. Work went well today and it was great to see all the kids, but my co-teacher Jessa was out YET again. Sigh. One of my co-workers, Hope, asked me if there's an ad in the paper to replace her yet. I know where she's coming from- the woman who subs for Jessa and I can only do so much, and can only be in one place at a time!

I have a lot of Christmas crafts planned for the month- we only have fourteen days of school until Christmas break, though it seems impossible. We'll start on the crafts tomorrow, so I'll post photos as we complete them!

There's a lot going on here...after a week of traveling, spending time reading and playing games with my siblings, extended family and friends, it's been a bit hard to jump back into daily life because it's a complicated one lately. Without going into too much detail, I'll say that my paternal grandfather is in hospice and it's quite likely I'll be traveling with my family to New Jersey for a funeral in the coming weeks. My dad is there now and it's basically come down to the fact that if we want to say goodbye before my grandfather's death, we should go there soon-- but aside from not exactly having an unlimited supply of vacation/sick days to use, I feel like my real Grandpa died years ago when the Alzheimer's symptoms began. I've written about him before here and here...but our family could use prayers as we decide who's going when and as my grandpa slips away.

Another oh so fun (insert sarcasm) thing that happened was that a card of mine was stolen and used in a foreign country. Luckily I caught it early but I'm not used to the inability to use an ATM to get money! I'm so thankful this didn't happen while I was traveling to see my friend last week but boy did I feel stupid when I tried to get gas yesterday and my card was declined time after time after time. Oy.

A bright spot to my week though (ya know, so I'm not ALL gloom and doom over here) is that my friend Lyn came to visit me! She actually arrived yesterday before me, since a normally 2.5 hour trip took about 4 with the holiday traffic coming West from my parents' house! She'll be here until Thursday so we are enjoying each other's company. :)

Anyway, I hope you're having a great week (better than mine?! lol). I won't be around most of the week because Lyn and I have a few things planned, but I'll see you later!

7 comments:

  1. Your family will be in my prayers!

    That sucks about your CC, glad you caught it before they charged too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your grandfather. That is always hard to deal with.
    I hope your coworker gets back soon! I can only imagine how frustrating it would get to have to deal with that day in and day out, whether its her fault or not there is only so much you can do.

    14 school days?! That sounds like so little, it'll be vacation before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your grandfather. I'll keep you all in my prayers!

    You certainly have had more than your fair share of stress. I hope Christmas break treats you well. It's hard to believe it's that close! Wow. I need to plan some things to keep my kiddo busy.

    Was today better at work? I hope your co-teacher returned. That stinks. I'm surprised she is still employed. Are parents complaining yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you've had a rough few days. I'm sorry. I hope things are going a little bit better this week, at least in terms of the card and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)