Saturday, November 07, 2009

Exploring!!

STA_0127 (2)

For a few days after my brother and I arrived in the fine state of Washington, we mostly bummed around. We were staying at a cheap hotel, where the floor was my best friend. After days of driving, my brother chose to spend his time sleeping- I was more eager to explore, since I had limited time in the Northwest!

These were everywhere...so delicious!
IMG_0204 (2)

I went into Seattle one day to meet a friend of mine in Pike Place (unfortunately, I have no pictures from Pike!). The following day, the two of us went to Larrabee State Park and walked around a little.
IMG_0083 (2)


IMG_0079 (2)

Beyond the towering pine trees I could spot the open waters of Samish Bay- they were beautiful! I'll let the pictures do (most of) the talking today. :)
IMG_0078 (2)

IMG_0082 (2)

IMG_0133 (2)


STA_0125 (2)


IMG_0102 (2)


IMG_0100 (2)


IMG_0087 (2)


IMG_0086 (2)


IMG_0095 (2)




Can you spot the starfish?
IMG_0089 (2)

IMG_0090 (2)

IMG_0093 (2)

We drove to Blaine, Washington, which is about as far as you can go in the US without hitting the border. We could pretty much see into Canada from there-
IMG_0178

On the way back to Bellingham, I caught a few nice shots of Mount Baker...
IMG_0189 (2)


IMG_0168 (2)


Later that evening, I snuck out of the hotel to view the moon, serenely in the sky above
IMG_0202 (2)


More another day... :D
IMG_0104





9 comments:

  1. Bethany, these are INCREDIBLE images! LOVE the starfish. (and Brewed Awakening has to be my new fave name of a coffee shop!)

    Beautiful post, Bethany.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I had no idea Washington was so beautiful. I'm not sure why, but I picture rain and nothing else. But with rain comes bountiful vegetation I guess right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are such beautiful pictures! I love the starfish and the Mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, you're making me homesick! Those pictures are so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen a starfish for real real. Very COOL!

    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have something for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed each and every one of those pictures. It look like somewhere me and Mr. Skittles would love to visit someday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just catching up on reading blogs.

    I love all of your pictures! Isn't it just Teh Best here? (:-D It does rain, a lot, though. Thus the mocha stands every 100 feet.
    I Wanna Mocha is my favorite name here.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)