Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Halloween: The Last Of It

My hands are cramped (okay, they aren't now, but they were when I started this post!), but there's a good reason. Over the past week, I carved somewhere between ten and fifteen pumpkins at school. I had a lot of fun doing it, and the kiddos absolutely LOVED watching. All of the kids who chose to carve rather than paint drew the face of their choice on their pumpkin, so no two look remotely alike. I didn't get a chance to take pictures of all the completed pumpkins, but here are a few!

Img_1086

IMG_1092 (2)

IMG_1073

IMG_1067

One of my absolute favorites- the boy who designed this is going to be an engineer. He's hysterical!
IMG_1074 (2)

Initials...
IMG_1077

Also, our tie dyed orange pumpkin shirts were a HIT at school on Halloween. They turned out really cute!
IMG_1112


IMG_1107


IMG_1136

IMG_1109


IMG_1113

Well... I suppose since it's now November, fall is over. I'll leave you with a tree that one of my 4 year old students painted. He's very artistic and draws us cartoons all the time- the way he interprets things is really interesting!

IMG_0873 (2)


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE those shirts! What a great DIY project those turned out to be!
    All those pumpkins are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some mad pumpkin-carving skills, woman!

    And fall is NOT over! We have this full month left, thankyouverymuch. ;)
    (I love fall. I have to stick up for it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't carved a pumpkin in so many years. I wonder if I even remember how to do it!

    The t-shirts turned out SO CUTE! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great jack-o-lanterns. And those tie dyed t shirts look awesome. Love the pumpkin faces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, I haven't carved a pumpkin in years!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)