Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Roses & Thorns

I saw this idea on another blog (I don't remember where, or I'd link!) and thought I'd give it a try :)

-My coworkers have been fantastic this school year- so many of them pitching in when Jessa's been out so much. I'm so thankful for them!
- I had my oil changed and they didn't find anything else wrong with the car
- My emergency fund has grown a lot in the past week or so- many babysitting jobs!
-I'm going to visit one of my best friends this weekend
- I'll get to cuddle her new baby and get girl time, something that's been sorely missing lately
-After the visit, I have a week off of work for Thanksgiving!
-My grandmother is visiting for Thanksgiving, and I don't think we've ever had her visit for TurkeyDay before!
-Once I return to Big City, another good friend of mine is coming to stay for a few days. Hopefully we'll be able to fit in some good girl time, because I miss her!


- Jessa's been out SO much and it's stressful
- The emergency fund has come to a grinding halt until December's first weekend arrives. I'm sure it will be here fast but it's been nice being able to add to it every few days! ;)
- The visit this weekend could never be long enough- Stevie and I don't get to see each other much!
- We have our staff meeting Thursday and I'll have no time to pack...

Obviously, the good outweighs the bad... =) How's your week?


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad the positives are outweighing the negatives for you. Things always have a way of coming around anyway though. For example: December will be here before we know it!! Ah!

    Thanks for asking, my week hasn't been too bad. We've had a little change of pace around here and its nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting idea for a post! I too am glad to see your positive notes outnumber the not-so-positive ones. Keep smiling and I'm sure things will go quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to review the week! I love the idea of roses and thorns, too, since both of them are necessary parts of the same plant. :-)

    I hope you have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)