Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful Tree

I found a cute Thanksgiving project over at Amy's blog and tweeked it a tiny bit for my classroom. I knew I should do some type of Thanksgiving craft with my kids, but since I'm not working all of next week, it had to be something simple- so this was perfect!!

Over the course of a few days, my students shot out things they were thankful for. Among the usual my family, my friends, my dog, God, etc., I picked out a few of my favorites-- and added a picture of our finished tree. With 50+ kids through my door on any given day, about 35 of them chose to participate in this project. We like it!!

I'm thankful for:
Liv- snowballs
Nina- sleeping at the beach
Rava- kangaroos and ice cubes
Adam- trains
Dylan- monsters and pancake face
Luke- eggs and bacon
Ayla- everything except bad guys
Maxim- cake
Charlie- chicken wings
Maile- you being the best teacher (AWWW!!)
Karden- windows
Ava- my twin brother and sister

What are you thankful for??
Img_1374


Img_1373

And with that, I'm over and out for the weekend. I'm off to visit one of my best friends, her new baby (& the rest of her family of course). From what I understand, the plans include lots of cuddling the new babe, catching up with each other, probably eating lots of junk food, and apparently going to see some movie that is coming out...something about Twilight..?


See you next week!!

7 comments:

  1. I love that tree! What a cute, quick idea.
    Have fun with your friend and the new baby. How fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fantastic break! I expect you to come back with lots of happiness and many great stories. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute answers (I now want eggs and bacon!! Thanks Luke!!) Have a great weekend and have fun at the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your thankful tree is great. Homeschoolers could have a lot of fun with this too. Wonderful idea!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is super cute! And I love how wonderfully full it is!! I am your newest follower! I'd love for you to follow me back, if you want to =-) I also wanted to invite you to come link up at TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No doubt these kids are also learning about the 'Tree of Life'

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)