Sunday, November 01, 2009

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest!

Image (49)


I never got past entering Oregon in my blogging of the trip out West...so here I go again! I'm hoping to be done with this by the end of the week...the trip was only two months ago...lol!


When we entered Washington state, the sun was just going down. A few hours later, we caught sight of Seattle- it was neat to see the Space Needle in person after hearing friends and family speak of it.
Image (112)


We walked around the city for an hour or so and found this cool art place
Image (119) 


but it was nearing midnight and we still had a few hours on the road to reach our final destination of Bellingham! At about 2 am, we pulled into town and a few hours later had our first interaction with the seaside town police...


Image (2)


After a  few hours of restless sleep, my brother and I drove down by the water, which was absolutely gorgeous! There were even people windsurfing or paragliding- not sure which.


Image (5)


Image (11)


Image (7)


Image (8)


We went for a hike near one of the colleges- I don't remember which. We climbed many stairs up and up and were finally rewarded with some pretty nice views of Bellingham!!
Image (24)


Image (22)


I attempted to take a picure of myself here, but the sunlight was hitting me wrong- still, it was a nice view ;)
Image (87)



Image (89)


Image (73)



Later that evening, my brother slept away in our rented motel room and I decided to head down to the shore. I walked along the tiny town, where in the middle square they were hosting a family movie night. I really loved the atmosphere there- very family friendly!
Image (100)


The moon above the sea was cool looking and I couldn't resist snapping a shot!
Image (92)


I watched the sun set over the water, thankful to get to be by the ocean again. Seriously, it was so pretty! With the boats floating in the water...ah. Perfection!
Image (97)


Image (96)


Image (81)



I still had a week in Washington and we were off to Canada a few days later...stay tuned for my (way late!) pictures! :)




13 comments:

  1. Ahh, these pictures make me homesick! I grew up in Washington (an hour north of Seattle), and haven't been back in nearly a year. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your time in my home state... and your pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Beth...wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those pictures are gorgeous! I want to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful pictures! Makes me want to visit there so bad! My step-mother's family lives in WA, perhaps I need to visit them. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MOre great pictures! Love the one of the hanging art. Looks like a very cool chandelier to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! I wish I lived near the water like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who endlessly forgets to finish blogging about vacations! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take me there NOW!
    Bethany, many of these are seriously postcard worthy. Oh my gosh, so beautiful. I think I am destined to live in one of those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rare to get such clear weather in Washington, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What gorgeous pictures! I've never been that far northwest -- actually, I'm living on the West Coast now and moved out here only having visited it once. But that's what grad school will do to you. It's certainly not this lovely down here in San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you went everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You were at Boulevard Park, probably the most beautiful park there is, in my humble opinion. (:-D Didn't you just love all the houses/condos around? I'd love to live in one!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)