Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009: A Review

I was planning on having the last post (the mosaic one, glad you all liked it!) as my last 2009 post but then I saw this 2009 meme on a blog and thought I'd participate before I run off to ring in the new year with a bunch of kiddos I'm babysitting for. Happy New Year!!


What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Got "laid off", took a cross country road trip, kicked a roommate out, lived by myself and enjoyed it, flew in a tiny, tiny plane!

Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't typically make them...I have no idea why not though!

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Lots of people! Closest probably are my friend Stevie who had a girl, Elsie and Mon who had Charlie

Did anyone close to you die?
My grandpa died 26 days ago.

What countries did you spend time in this year?
USA and Canada, nothing exciting sadly!

What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A boyfriend/fiance/husband (haha)

Less car issues
Less money issues

What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 16th, lost my job

December 5th, Grandpa died

What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Hmm, taking Financial Peace and the cross country road tip probably

What was your biggest failure?
Losing lots of friends (okay, not lost really but they all moved away!)

Losing my job in the summer

Did you suffer any serious injury or illness?
Does the swine flu count? Hehe!

What was the best thing you bought?
I'm really liking a purse I bought at Sears, but I'll have to go with Matt Nathanson concert tickets


Whose behavior merited celebration?
A student of mine from last year comes to mind- she came a long way in one school year and I still miss her!

Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
The family I was working for. Still can't believe they just dropped me like that, no warning.

Where did most of your money go?
Bills...rent...traveling

Compared to this time last year, are you,
a) happier or sadder?
uhh...same?
b) thinner or fatter?
Thinner, I believe. Losing a grandparent will do that to ya.
c) richer or poorer?
Ugh, poorer

What did you get really, really excited about?
Going cross country. It's something I always wanted to do and I was glad to have a chance to do it!

What do you wish you'd done more of?
I would have liked to travel even more but I would have needed more money, lol!

Did you fall in love in 2009?
no...sigh

How many one-night stands?
Uh geez, none!

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
not hate, no. Opinions have changed  but hate is too strong a word

What was the best book you read?
I loved the new Karen Kingsbury book!

What did you want and not get?
Uh

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 24- celebrated by going out for pizza and then played Wii with my friends who all brought cake...it was a fun night!

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not being in debt I guess

Who did you miss?
My family sometimes, sometimes my friends who have moved!

Who was the best new person you met?
One?! Probably Elsie, lol! I can't choose just one adult :)

Tell us a valuable life lesson(s) you learned in 2009.
Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps.

What sums up this year? (a word, a quote... ?)

"Smile when you want to, cry when you need to, and laugh whenever possible!"


~~




Posts in 2009: 254 (less than last year!)

Biggest blogging month: April (32 posts)

Smallest blogging month: June (17 posts)

# of comments: 1219 (WOW!!)

Post with the most comments:
Money Madness




Visitors from: USA, Honduras, Romania, Australia, Canada, UK, France, Mexico, Spain, Italy, Greece, Russia, Poland, Germany, Thailand, Sweden, Croatia, Brazil



3 comments:

  1. I am the best new person. ME!!!! LOL

    Very interesting. Amen to the baby steps. Baby steps in all things, right?

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! Hope reflecting back and looking forward have made you excited for 2010! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)