Thursday, December 03, 2009

Bad, bad, bad

WARNING: This is a complete venting post, so if you don't want to read something pessimistic, stop. At least I warned you. It's also not likely to make sense, but that's where I am right now.

My grandpa is dying. He'll most likely pass away in the next few days, seeing as from what I understand, he's not eating or drinking anything anymore. My family, minus myself and my brother, are driving to NJ to say a final goodbye to my grandpa on Friday, if they can make it there before he dies. Due to work and babysitting commitments, the fact that I've seen him more recently than most of my family members, and especially that it's not really him anymore I have opted not to drive with them. Once he passes away and funeral arrangements are made, I will go there for a few days- but this means I'll have to drive alone.

I don't mind driving alone, usually. But it's a solid ten hour drive from here, and being that when I'm making the drive I probably won't be in ideal driving conditions, plus if it snows...well let's just say I already wasn't looking forward to it.

And then on the way home from a bar tonight, I was driving with my friend Lyn and all the sudden the car made a not-so-good noise. I'm thinking/guessing it's muffler related but of course, I know nothing about cars so I could be completely wrong. I'll bring it by the shop in the morning...if I need her to, Lyn can bring me to work. Of course, I won't be able to pay the car place the way I normally would (debit card, that is) because my number was stolen and yada yada yada, so the only way for me to get money is to drive to an actual bank when it's open to get cash...if I end up driving to NJ, I really, really don't want to have to carry that much cash for gas and food, but if my debit card doesn't work and since I'm in this Dave Ramsey thing, I certainly can't, and don't want to use a credit card...

I know this is a mish-mash of words. I know it is. I'm so, so at the end of my rope right now though and my co-teacher Jessa will, guess what, be out AGAIN tomorrow and I seriously cannot handle anything else right now. It's pessimism week over here. Sorry.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about these series of events. I hope the problem with your car turns out to be nothing.
    I'm really sorry about your grandpa. It is so hard being away from family when someone is ill. I hope he is at peace and hopefully the rest of your family members will get to say goodbye to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be so stressed and upset if I were you too. You have this family and car stress, but to have work stress on top? What is up with this Jessa girl? :( That just makes it 10x worse because work isn't distracting you, it's making you more stressed :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have every right to be pissed and vent.
    I don't see WHY your co-teacher hasn't been fired yet. She's getting paid while everyone else does the work! It's wrong.

    I'm praying for you and your grandpa (& family). I'm sorry. I wish I could offer to drive w/ you.

    How long until the bank replaces your debit card? Can they give you some of your $ on a prepaid bank cc? Then you'd have some security w/o carrying cash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry! I keep a credit card for emergencies, and this sounds like an emergency! I write down everything, every time I have to use the credit card and don't let myself spend more than I can pay off the minute I get back from a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have every reason to be frustrated, and as the Queen of this blog you have every right to vent. I'm very sorry you're going through so much all at once, and I wish I could do something to help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry - I know things will work out and I'll keep you and your grandpa in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)