Monday, December 14, 2009

The Christmas That Never Was

That's how I feel about this Christmas, sadly. Usually by December 1, I'm listening to Christmas music while writing about 40 Christmas cards to send out. Certainly by this time in December I'm knee high in candle and cookie making.

Eh.

I know my Grandpa's death certainly has something to do with my not feeling like celebrating right now, and hopefully as the day gets closer, my feelings will change. I go back to working at the school today and with only five days until Christmas break, I fully expect the kiddos to be jumping crazy beans. I've done this for a few years...I remember! ;)

There has been one blessing since I've been back to BC- I had to cancel two babysitting jobs while away in NJ, and the evening I got back was asked to babysit the following afternoon before my Dave Ramsey class. Later in the day, I was offered two more babysitting jobs for the week!

Yep, I'll be okay. Pray for my day back at work though, I know my coworkers will mean well and I know how sweet they all are but I'm not looking forward to all the "how are you" questions, kwim?

4 comments:

  1. my heart is heavy for you right now, you seem so discouraged. That's okay, you have reason to be. perhaps in the middle of that is right where you're supposed to be right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you are going through such hard time right now. I completely understand - although our circumstances are different. I pray that your day will be easier, that your spirit will leap with joy and that you will be full of a peace that passes your understanding. In the mean time, I am sending a big ol' virtual hug your way. Keep your chin up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm praying for you.


    I know it stinks when God breaks us down, but when we are able to ruse up again, it does seem so much clearer. Better, even.
    I am sure it will be the same for you. Somewhere in the midst of all this hardship, a stronger you is emerging and you will find plenty of reasons to smile.

    Hopefully sooner than later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope work goes well. I'm sorry you're not much in the spirit but it is totally understandable. Like Sharon said, hopefully you'll emerge a little stronger sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)