Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Date With The President's...oops- the Nanny!

The day I drive back from my parents' house to BC is always painful- maybe not for them, but it's hard to come back to a too-quiet apartment. While I love my life here, my job, and the few friends I have left, there's something comforting about being able to return to my family's house and just be -- comfy!

Anyway, I drove back today and was not in good shape, but after spending about three hours on the phone with three separate friends (only one of whom lives in the same town as me) I was feeling a lot better and thought I'd entertain you with a happy story, one that holds promise for the new year!

One of my students from the past two years is in kindergarten at my school this year. Originally she wasn't supposed to come to my room after being in class all day, but plans change and her nanny Hil comes to pick her up daily in the early afternoon. Not long after the school year began, Hil and I started chatting about the kids and life and her stays to "pick up Lilahbelle" became longer and longer. Eventually we became Facebook friends (oh my gosh! facebook friends, the first step towards REAL friends!!! ;)...).

Right before Christmas break, during a crazy spin of a Friday, she casually mentioned that we should get together over break (which, by the way, is going WAY too fast! I have no time to relax! AH!). I messaged her my phone number and WA-LA, we are going to get together later this week!

I know it may not seem like a big deal, but ever since all my friends abandoned me, I haven't had much of a social life. I work and I babysit but Hope is on a different work schedule than me and everyone's so busy...so, I'm looking forward to connecting with a potential new friend. And, we have to hope it goes well because if it doesn't, I still have to see her every day! ;)


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time! Hope you guys get some laughs and time to unwind. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for reaching out and making new friends. I hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I hope its a wonderful connection for you... maybe even one that God placed there Himself foryou!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)