Saturday, December 19, 2009

Relaxing Break? Haha!



We finished school until 2010 yesterday!!!!

I'm really hoping for a relaxing break, and I know there's lots of time for that since we have SIXTEEN whole days off (okay, okay, including weekends...) but I've been busy, busy--

Last night I babysat two adorable boys who are 4 & 2- they are the sweetest things! They live in a mansion, no lie, and have a 20 foot Christmas tree. While this a crappy picture of it, the actual tree is gorgeous!


After the boys went to bed, I began my thank-you cards for work. I pulled in quite the loot this year-  gift cards to Bath & Body Works , Barnes & Noble, Starbucks, a huge shopping center, movie theater, Wendy's...plus multiple lotions, body sprays, boxes of chocolate and SOOO much food! I seriously won't be able to finish it all!

IMG_1777

I worked on my thank you cards for a few hours today and finished them (THIRTY OF THEM!!!!, I try to do it early in break otherwise it's just hanging over my head and it's hard to relax!),



and then my friend/co-worker Hope & I braved the crowds to finish our Christmas shopping! Neither of us like shopping so after three stores and an hour or so, we were both done shopping for our families. I don't feel like any of the gifts I bought for my family this year are incredible or anything, but considering what's happened this month, I guess it's good they're getting anything at all. In addition, due to using some of the gift cards, I definitely didn't spend all the money I budgeted for Christmas- so that's a huge plus!

So, it's been busy (but boring to hear about, I'm sure). I'll have to think of something funny and off the wall to write about in the next few days ;) Oh, and here's a picture of our Christmas tree... nothing fancy!
IMG_1780


7 comments:

  1. a 20 foot tree - I'd say they must live in a mansion!! Your tree is fantastic too...You sure did rake in some good teacher loot!! Some thoughtful parents there. Enjoy the break. I am excited I will not need to set the alarm on my non-work days since my son is on break - yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! p.s. How was I not following? my bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks beautiful! I have to say, I pictures you to be a colored lights gal. Huh.

    I'm impressed staying UNDER budget for Christmas. DR failure no more! :)

    Teaching certainly pays off at Christmas. LOL. Gotta love the gifts.

    Enjoy the break! When are you heading home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got some shopping done! And I'm impressed you stayed under budget, awesome! That tree is huge! How great would it be to have the space for that?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! 20 ft tree! That is wild!

    That is so fun that you got so many great gifts. I am totally like you and would have to do all my Thank Yous now so that I didn't have to worry about them over break!

    Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous of your time off, I can't wait until Thursday night! I think your tree looks great. I have to write my thank yous that day so I don't forget!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You have already had quite the Christmas with that pile of goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a beautiful christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)