Friday, December 04, 2009

Waiting

It's been a week of waiting and unexpected financial distress here... between the visit with my family and Lyn's visit, tonight is finally a chance for me to breathe and have some quiet time. Granted, I'm not at home but the baby I'm babysitting is sound asleep. Truthfully, I wish I could be sleeping, too- I don't think I've gotten many hours of sleep these last few nights.

Last night, we thought my grandfather was very close to his death and most of my family began the trek up there. I "slept" with my phone on and was up most of the night, expecting to hear news, I guess.

This week has been so hard-- the debit theft, car issues costing hundreds and completely wiping out my emergency fund (plus more), trying to figure out flights/buses/trains to NJ for when my grandpa dies, school stuff (Jessa has officially been out a third of the year so far...I was talking to one of my coworkers when she brought me home from work and I realized just how frustrated the situation makes all of my coworkers, not just me. It was good to hear affirmation of my thoughts, but it also makes me feel helpless because I can't exactly tell my boss to fire her!

Anyway, I was so stressed at work and just exhausted mentally and physically and emotionally. I haven't had my car there the past two days so I couldn't just leave, but there is a nice subdivision behind my school so I took my lunch time to walk and clear my head-- not sure I would have made it through the day without that, truthfully.

Anyway, I know this blog's boring and depressing these days- I wish it wasn't! I haven't had time all week to read a book or a blog with Lyn's visit (she's very low-key like me but we were just busy!). Having here here kept my mind occupied until it was just in overload...man, my eyes are tired. Bed sounds good right now!

6 comments:

  1. I walk around the building when I need a break at work. It always helps me to breath and calm down during a bad day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish there was something I could do to help you. Is there? Just let me know. You know I'm praying for ya.

    You have certainly had a rough week. At least your financial needs are less of an emergency because of the money you DO have, right? Or at least that's how we're supposed to feel. Easier said than done, I know.

    Our ER fund will be wiped out nearly, too. We need a new fridge. :( And our furnace is going, and that's around $1000 by itself. It sucks. When it rains, it pours.

    I hope you gain a new co-teacher soon, and I certainly hope life gets better. I wish I could help! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your co teacher isn't taking her job seriously, they really need to fire her! Someone who misses that much work honestly does not care abotu their job. Unless she has some issues at home...

    Sorry to hear the EF is going to bills! No Fun, but I guess that is what it is there for.

    Still praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Within 4 hours of each other, my sons $700 truck died (within hours of getting it back from having a new transmission installed), and while he was in the old van, it oveheated because he didn't realize it was the oil light (and we had to send that in to be fixed).

    There are days I walk around mumbling, "Greater is He that is in me than He that is in the World" over and over and over! Hold on to your faith! Things get tough mid-stream - but you will come out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOrry to hear things are not going well right now. Don't worry about your blog feeling down for a bit, this is a place for you to get your feelings out and if you're in a slump we understand because we've all been there.

    I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about all the stress you've been dealing with lately. Take some deep breaths and definitely keep up the walking. When I'm in the doldrums, a nice walk with a buddy works miracles..

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)