Tuesday, January 05, 2010

1 Month & 365



The last photo I have of me with my Grandpa-- almost two years ago, although I saw him again before he died.

Today marks one month since my Grandpa died. It still seems so weird to me. I mean, he was a part of my life from day one, and even when he moved to the nursing home a few years ago and wasn't his old self, the physical presence of him was still there, if that makes sense? I've been silently marking the passing of time- every day, multiple times, I'll think to myself, "oh, it's been three weeks...", "wow, 25 days...", etc. So a whole month seems so long, but so short. So much has happened since his death- the last day of school for 2009, Christmas, New Years, countless babysitting jobs- life goes on, but the thought of him is present every day.

I have family videos I borrowed from my parents' house- they are taped by him, so he's rarely seen but his voice is there. When I arrived back in Big City late last month, I set them on a table to be watched at a later date. Yea, they are still sitting there. I don't know why, but I can't bring myself to watch them yet.

So, yep. I've been in a weird funk all day. I guess that's okay?

In other news, I'm trying to take a photo a day for a year to document my life-- I actually started on December 31st (only because I happened to take a picture that seemed good enough). I can't post some of them but here are the ones I can share!











Can you read this? Kids these days, trying to get away with stuff....haha!


4 comments:

  1. hugs and love to ya, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have some videos to keep your grandfather's memory alive! I know how you feel, its been years since mine died and I still go through the same thing. It will get a little easier, though.

    I love those candy canes!

    Does that say:
    "Thank you Bethany for helping me not get in trouble (cha bl? lol - that is so cute!)."

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw. :( I'm sorry. Grieving is not a short process, I know. Heck, I still cry several times a year over the baby we lost. What a blessing you have those videos. When you ARE ready to watch them, it will be quite comforting, I think.

    Love the pictures. What a great idea.

    HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be in a funk too. At least you have the videos to listen to when you are ready :)

    Love the photo a day challenge! I always love your photos. You have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)