Thursday, January 07, 2010

Seriously?

I am SO done with the whole Jessa thing. It's been our first week back to school since break-- she left early Monday, early today, will be out tomorrow through all of next week...I'm just SO frustrated with it. I'm tired of working with someone who's not there more than a third of the time, I'm tired of being the one who has to lift all the tables and I'm tired of starting naptime late because she and my boss are chit chatting away when they are supposed to be putting cots down. Sure, she's nice and I enjoyed working with her in the beginning, but it's getting to the point where I don't even care anymore. I'm tired of the excuses. I'm sorry about her medical issues and divorce crap, but if she even had an inkling of what this was going to be like, I sure hope she wouldn't have accepted the job or signed a contract. I'M FED UP!!!

On the upside, I talked to my old co-teacher Cara last night after she called my school to tell my boss she's done student teaching now and can help with subbing. This morning, she was at school to help in another classroom and she'll be helping me out twice next week while Jessa is gone. A consensus between all of my other coworkers and myself is that my boss should let Jessa go and hire Cara back for the rest of the school...oh, how I would love that. Cara and I get along so well and it was great to see her...but at the same time it was so sad because I really miss working with her and I'm reminded that I've had it GREAT the last few years in regard to co-teachers. In the same breath, I know bringing Cara back full time will never happen because my boss's relationship with Jessa is much stronger than hers with Cara and, as Cara said, my boss is too nice to fire someone in the middle of the year. Right now, I wish that weren't true.

It sounds like a daytime soap, I know...

so on a happier note, a few new photos of the day--


My old co-teacher's coat...just SO happy to see her


Snowwww

Yea, and my Google Reader is on overload. I haven't even looked at it in days, probably closer to a week. I get home from work and am beat, not to mention just in a sad and crappy mood every day. It's been snowing here for 11 straight days (read it online, I believe it though) and it's so dreary that I'm seriously concerned about depression. I've struggled with it multiple in the past and always have to work hard, especially in the winters, to keep it at bay. This year, I'm on overload between Grandpa's death, having no friends or social life, working and babysitting my butt off, my roommate being constantly standoffish and seemingly disgusted with me for no reason, money and car stress, and the whole Jessa mess. I'm at the end of my rope.


5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're so frustrated but I would be too. It is her responsibility to be there working and she's not fulfilling it. Annoying! I hope things work out well for tomorrow and next week with your old friend around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonder you're sad. I hope your boss comes to her senses. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must have been the moment for blog venting...I have one up too.

    Love to ya...and a toast to it getting much MUCH better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy to hear Cara stepped in for Jessa. Often in life, you will find yourself in situations where your coworkers slack all the time and do not help out. I am not sure if I have ever had a job quite like that. I think it's important to speak up on it when you can. I have been in situations though, where you cannot, for political reasons. And that is the worst.

    Do you have any ideas on how to beat winter depression? A new hobby maybe? Some more writing? Playing in the snow? It's hard not to just want to sit in the house, but keep your mind/body active! It will help :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your boss sees whats going on and you need help soon!!! Good luck with the situation, but don't stress just do the best you can do!!!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)