Friday, January 08, 2010

Snow Day #1!

IMG_4363Due to about 5 inches of snow that fell yesterday while I was working, the roads were a mess on my way home in the evening. My commute usually takes about 10 minutes- I didn’t go above 25 mph at all and it took about a half hour. That’s not terrible considering some people were on the road for hours but it made me hope for a snow day.

However, by the time I got home, it had stopped snowing and other than random tiny flakes coming down every once in a while, the snow didn’t start up again by the time I went to bed. I randomly woke up at 4:30 this morning and decided to check just for the heck of it, but schools still weren’t closed. I woke up again at 6 and they were--- I’m guessing that the roads are still not clear and that’s why, since we definitely haven’t gotten more than 5 inches or so.

I’m excited for my free day! This week has been really stressful (gosh, I feel like SUCH a drama queen lately) and I have a list of things to get done this weekend. I do have to babysit tonight and tomorrow afternoon/evening but I’m sure I can cram in some movie watching and reading as well! Oh, never mind. Hope just asked if I want to go use some of our gift cards around town—heck, if she’s willing to drive on the roads to come get me, I have no problem with that! ;)IMG_4380  IMG_4366 IMG_4372 IMG_4373 IMG_4374 IMG_4376 IMG_4379

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Bethany! Thanks for your comment on my blog :)

    That snow looks soooooo pretty. There was a ton of snow on the ground when I left school to come home for the holidays, and I miss it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is soooo be-utiful!!! We have snow down here in GA today too. Amazing....not 5 inches though...just a heavy dusting I guess you'd say. Enjoy your snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not a drama queen. You've had some nasty cards dealt to you lately.

    Beautiful pictures. We only got a 2 hour delay. :(
    I hope you enjoyed your snow day!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)