Monday, January 11, 2010

Tale of Sickness

On Saturday evening while babysitting, I began to get a sore throat. No biggie, I thought. I was up a lot of the night and around 8 am gave up on sleeping. I ran to the store and got some grapefruit seed oil my mom has been recommending. After just one dose and a nap, my throat felt so much better. I didn't have a fever or anything but did have a bad headache- it was hard to even lift my head, so I spent the day literally in bed until 5pmish.

Fast forward to 10 pm- I started to feel really tired so I went to bed and slept until 4 am, when I woke up with a 101.5 fever. I left a message at my work saying I wouldn't be in today (we work with kids and have to be fever free for 24 hours). I fell back asleep but woke up around 5 and 6 and decided to give up on sleep. At 6 my fever was at 102.0 so I took some meds for that hoping it would come down. I'm heading to urgent care pretty soon, they open at 8 am and I'll be there...hoping they can get me some meds, because I'm just miserable.

Update: They diagnosed me with strep throat and a sinus infection. Double whammy!

8 comments:

  1. So not fun. Sorry you're sick. I hope you get some goodmeds soon, and can rest all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yuck. I hope you feel better soon! That is no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry, I hope you feel better soon and I'm glad it's not the flu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds rotten. Hope the meds start kicking in and you feel better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not fun. Once you get the diagnosis at least you can get the right Rx and get well quick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry you are sick. At least those are two illnesses that can be treated with meds. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)