Monday, January 25, 2010

A Week In February



I know it is their eleventh stair that creaks.
I know which part of their ceiling leaks when it rains, and where to find buckets when it does so.
I've finally figured out how the sound system works for DVDs and the TV.
I can work their trash compacter, have turned on and off the water heater, and have watched the house cleaners do their job.
I've driven their car, taken their son to church and parties.
I've had friends over while watching their son.
He's met my boss and most of my friends.
I've had hours-long and day-long jobs caring for Chubster...
but February will bring something more, something bigger, something exciting!

Chubster's parents are going on a weeklong business trip and asked me if I'd mind staying at their house and taking care of Chubster. Of course, I said absolutely yes! I am SO excited. Not only will I get to spend time with one of my favorite little buddies, LOTS of time, I'll get him ready for daycare and enjoy picking him up after I work. As an added bonus, I get to leave work early to get him (haha!) and miss a staff meeting that's technically mandatory. I can't wait for a week of playing Mommy!



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awful lot of fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how fun! What an exciting week it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are leaving their son in the best hands. :)

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)