Saturday, January 09, 2010

Weekend Kid Funnies

It's another snowy, cloudy, dreary day here so I thought I'd share some of the kidisms lately from school. I know I need some laughs!

~~

Aky: Where are your kids?
Me: Oh, I don't have kids.
Aky: Why not?
Me: Uh....
Aky: (in very sad, quiet voice) Ohh...did they all die??

~~

Daley: Did you get coal?
Me:  For Christmas you mean? No..
Daley: Oh, so not yet this year. But you might!

~~

Daley: I know FOUR bad words.
Me: Oh- what words are those? (Sometimes they will come up with "bad" words like snow, tree that make no sense)
Daley- (whispering). Stupid. Idiot. And H-E- double hockey sticks!

~~

Me: Adam, did you see our special visitor? (Cara was visiting school)
Adam: Yes! Miss Macnamamia (not her real name but that's how it sounds to them!). I LOVE HER! I looked for her every day at Starbucks!!

~~

(When we were making the reindeer)
Aky: When I was a baby my feet were brown!
Me: What are they now?
Aky: Umm, I don't know. I haven't looked.

~~

(During sharing time at circle)
Sam, holding up a baseball: There was a mean guy on my dad's team who said "We don't want you on the team you're too small" then my dad showed him and conned this ball out of the park!

~~

Rava: Can I be accused?
(Translation: excused)

~~

Adam, after sitting in a chair for a few minutes because he was not making good choices: I've been sitting here for a long time. A LOT of whiles. (Sad crying). I just want to throw all my whiles away!!

~~

Margo (speaking of her sister Annie who is 10). Annie has (yucky face) DEODORANT! EWWWWW!!!

~~

Adam has been night time training at night so he doesn't have to use his pull-ups. After two days of this, he comes into the classroom and announces to all:
I'm trained! I'm trained!!!

~~

Me: Nina, please stop shrieking. You need to use an inside voice.
Liv, who considers herself my shadow: Yea, Nina. Stop streaking!

~~

Adam, another time after sitting in a chair for a few minutes: Miss S, I've been sitting here for a long time. Do you want me to DIE in the chair??

~~

Dylan: I am three and 2/15ths!

~~

Maile: Miss S, you smell like a cookie. Yumm!

~~

Me: Nathaniel, be quiet please.
Me (a few seconds later): Nathaniel! Quiet, please!
Spence: Nathaniel is the World's Most Not Listening Machine!

~~

Nathaniel, asking about an ice cube: Is this ice juice?

~~

Adam cut out a heart, handed it to me and said: I made you a kiss!

~~

After a particularly hot day, Dylan proclaimed: I'm melting like an ice cube!!

~~

Bryan: When I went to Washington DC I stayed with Barack.
Madi: Who?
Bryan: Barack Obama, the president. We stayed at his house.
(Riiiiight)

~~




7 comments:

  1. Too funny and cute. My favorite is the heart shaped "kiss". So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so funny. Kids are too adorable sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute:) I especially like the little guy who doesn't want to die in time out, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did they all die? That's nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol. H-E- double hockey sticks! haven't heard that one in a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. three and 2/15ths huh - I'm still pondering that calcuation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog. My husband and I did grow up in Alaska. I have spent my entire life here (except for the 5 years at college in Washington state). My hometown was Tok. He was raised in Texas, but moved to Nome, Alaska when he was 7.

    (I love reading about your adventures, but for the things "falling" on the page make me terribly dizzy and sick. Am I the only one?)

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)