Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tight Squeeze

IMG_4889-2

I am the kind of person who tries to avoid pot holes but somehow, I end up bumping through all of them. I don’t have the best visual perception, you could say. I am not the most proficient backer-upper and I am HORRIBLE at parallel parking, although I CAN do it. This past week while watching Bug I was driving a 2010 Nissan Armada. I didn’t know what they were until last weekend, but while they are very nice cars and a wonderful ride, they are HUGE. As in, I had the biggest honkin’ vehicle in my entire parking lot at work. Plus they only get 13 miles to the gallon, so obviously a gas guzzler. Glad it’s not mine!


See? HUGE!

Anyway, the house I was babysitting at is beautiful. I *love* their house. But, uhmm…as mentioned above, I did not inherit the powerful “I can back up anywhere, anytime into any spot” gene that my father carries. I can imagine trying to teach me to drive was hard enough, not to mention practicing pulling up and back through cones. Patience of a saint he must have, I think.

Well, there’s a garage at the house—which means you have to back up to get out in the morning. To make matters worse, there is a stone wall on both sides of the driveway. The first time I tried on Sunday it literally took me about 10 minutes, back and forth- by Friday I was able to get out in one try! I was very careful though, I didn’t want to put even a scratch on their car (although they wouldn’t have cared, I would have felt horrible!). Also- the car beeps if you back up too close to anything, so the entire way down the driveway, it’s BEEP! …. BEEP!… BEEP BEEP!… BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!  LOL…IMG_4965 
Yes, that’s a visual, JUST for you. See how close I was on the right? AND the left?!

How’s your weekend shaping up? Tomorrow’s a special day for me, but more about that later ;-)

5 comments:

  1. I am the exact same way. That's why I cannot drive big cars. Freaks me out.

    Special day for you tomorrow huh? Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how the tire tracks squiggle up near the garage...hehe :-) oh and happy tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeee! I would feel the same exact way! that is huge!

    Swing by my blog... I have an award for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. I did a babysitting summer gig once for 2 weeks where I drove an Expedition. Oh.My.Gosh. that thing was huge, but EVERYONE stayed out of my way and in Nashville that's saying a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the same thing about myself as a driver. Then 2 years ago I bought a Mini Cooper and now I can back up and parallel park like nobody's business. I will never drive a Mini van again! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)