Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Awards & Mom Brag

I decided I'm going to wait until next week to post about my birthday happenings, but only because part 2 of the celebration is happening this weekend!  Sharon will be coming to town and we're going to have a blast! 

Of course, last time the two of us were together I ended up drinking a bug on a dare, so who knows what craziness we'll get ourselves into this time! 

Onto other things...
My mom began working for a company called "All About Spelling" a few months back. She's been homeschooling for 13 years now (I think?) so she's seen a lot of programs and if she's plugging it, it must be a great program. I could lie and tell you this is the program I learned to spell with, but that would be a lie. However, I do have siblings with reading difficulties and it has helped them. Here is what my mom has to say-- check it out!

"Tired of weekly spelling lists that children promptly forget? Looking for a spelling program that really works? Try All About Spelling- a multisensory program for spelling success. After trying multiple programs, I stumbled upon this program, which I've used for 3 years. I have seen steady progress with both my 4th and 9th graders. I highly recommend it. Learn more at allaboutspelling.com/macmom."


Also in the good news column of the day, I have been given two awards! The first is the Beautiful Blogger Award from a fellow teacher at Low Expectations!


Rules:
Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
Copy the award and paste it to your blog.
Tell us 7 interesting facts about yourself.
Nominate 7 bloggers that you love, and link to their blogs.

7 Interesting Facts...
1. I broke my wrist in two places when I was 12. I was at a VBS and fell on the wet grass. Two girls fell on top of me...ouch. 
2. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with my life.
3. I have a dream to work in an orphanage in Africa.
4. I would love to go to outer space
5.  I would also love to visit Antarctica 
6. Unlike most people I know, I don't really exercise. I do plan to take up biking once the weather warms up and am excited about it!
7. I have visited 38 of the 50 states. Hopefully in just a few weeks that will be 40 of 50! I have a goal to reach 50 states by the time I am 50!


~~

The second award I received is from Ms. Random- The Sunshine Award!



The rules for accepting the Sunshine Award are as follows…
1. Put the logo in my post or within my blog.
2. Pass the award onto 12 fellow bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within my post.
4. Let the nominees know they have received this award by leaving a comment on their blogs.
5. Share the love and link to the person who gave you the award!

Thanks, ladies. However...I am not a fan of tagging blogs and so, if you read this, consider yourself tagged! Yep, all of those top commenters over there? Some of my awesome new readers? TAG!



3 comments:

  1. haven't broken anything as of yet, knock wood
    lived in England for 6 months
    have no desire to see Antarctica except in an Imax movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your awards! I am impressed with how many states you have visited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those facts!! I still have no idea what I want to do with my life and I'm eeeeons older than you. GAH!! I'm running out of time.

    Outer Space and Antarctica? You are a brave one :D

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)