Thursday, March 11, 2010

Stuck

This post probably won't even make sense...it's just my mindless rambling!

I am stuck in a rut lately. After my awesome weekend I feel like I've been stuck in a rut. I'm BUSY, BUSY, BUSY...and happily so. In my life outside of work, I'm happy as a clam visiting with friends, having my family visit for a night, having phone and in-person interviews for summer jobs, and enjoying my coworkers' antics.

At work though?

That's another story. I'm caught between feeling soooo sad if this is my last year at the school and wishing the year was just over due to all the Jessa crap. I absolutely love my coworkers, but hearing questions about Jessa day after day is wearing on me. In fact, a few of my coworkers and I have made a pact NOT to talk about her or the drama that surrounds her "job" there, which has been almost a fun challenge!

I talked to Aniya tonight and she asked me, as many people have been lately, what I would do if I *do* leave my school after this year. The truth is that I have NO idea. I'm stuck. I want to be a stay at home mom. It's been my dream forever and while I've been happy at my school and truthfully thought I would be there until I got married and started a family...I could go back to nannying, I guess, or work in another school? I have no desire to go back to school for any type of degrees, sorry...

Sigh. I'm feeling a bit down tonight. Anyone else stuck in a rut?

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're feeling this way! It is so frustrating to have things happen differently than you always expected them to. I hope no matter what you end up doing you find happiness! And I hope that until the end of the year all the stuff about Jessa stops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will tell you this and it's not easy to listen to now, but down the road, you'll know it to be true just like I know it to be true.

    Simply, everything happens for a reason. It may seem like the worst outcome ever at the time, but it's always for a reason and things always work out. If you end up not being there next year, you'll be happy. If you stay, it will work out and you will be happy.

    If I were you, I'd keep your eyes open for other opportunities. If you find one, then you will be presented with two options- stay or go, both promising!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you feel stuck. We all get that way. I always wanted to be a stay at home mom, but at 38 and single I guess I'll keep working :) God is still good and has a plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you feel this way, I definitely feel stuck especially lately. Trust me things will work themselves out someway, they always do. I am a new follower from Friday Follow, glad to meet you! Hope things get better for you and have a great weekend!

    Eloise
    Mommy2TwoGirls
    http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Follow Friday!

    Following You From...
    www.reviewretreat.com

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can definitely relate as you know! I feel very stuck especially with the pain I'm in and not seeing a way out of it but I know that God has great plans for both of us even if that's hard to see right now!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)