Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Top O' The Morn!

I forgot to take pictures of all the Irish happenings in our classroom, but here are few... we've been reading lots of Irish books, too! I had the thought a few weeks ago to order some from the library and I'm glad I did because they were all reserved!


This one has lots of information about St. Patrick, why he was named a Saint, and also talks about the Blarney Stone...that's when I was asked if I am the old lady in the legend

~


This is a cute story about a little girl who thinks she is not good enough to be a real Irish dancer. Fun read :)

~

The Luck of the Irish by Margaret McNamara

This one is a really quick read about shamrocks. It's okay but nothing spectacular. 

~


This one was probably one of my favorites that we read. It's a story of three leprechauns who are in charge of the gold at the end of a rainbow but cause some trouble along the way.

~

Here are some of our crafts. I'll try to remember to take pictures of the others tomorrow. We didn't do anything big since Jessa is still finishing up Christmas crafts, but that's another whole story...






3 comments:

  1. We made hand-print leprechauns in my class today. The students had a BLAST... until I made them write a "how to" paper on the project. They lost all steam then. LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I am so lame I didn't do anything today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St. Patrick's day!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)