Sunday, April 11, 2010

Limbo

I know I haven't written about my vacation yet...I've been back a week. This week was wildly crazy, but then again aren't they all? I just haven't felt like writing, anything. Vacation was a welcome break from all things techy and I loved it. Ever happen to you?

On the job front, I'm still in complete limbo. I sent an email to my 1st choice family on Thursday, telling them I would love to work for them if they felt it was a good fit, to feel free to take some time to think about it and to give me a call/email when they made a decision. I haven't heard a word, and that's freaking me out! When I talked to my coworker about them on Thursday (or was it Friday?) they sounded like they were definitely ready to hire me so I'm hoping that either they haven't seen the email, or were away for the weekend, or just haven't had a chance to call....?? 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next two weeks. Work *should* be drama free because Jessa won't be there, yet again. Jessa told me earlier this week she *might* not be there this week, but I called the teacher who subs for her yesterday because I was thinking it would be helpful for planning reasons to know for sure, and guess what? It's not one week, it's two! Unbelievable. The upside to that? I only have to deal with her for 10 days once she gets back! Haha. 

3 comments:

  1. Praying you get an answer from them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you hear from them soon. Have you contacted the other family yet to tell them you won't be able to take the job? If not, mabye you should wait to be sure you have this job first. Also, maybe you should send them another email. Maybe it got caught in their spam filter or they didn't see it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. Sometimes people get preoccupied. You may want to follow up though if you still haven't heard in a couple days. (I like to point out the obvious ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)