Saturday, May 01, 2010

Decisions

It's been almost a week since I last posted...I don't really know what to say about that. 

So, I will leave you with quotations on decision-making, since that is what is consuming my life. That, stress, and not sleeping at night because of the stress. I miss being able to sleep.

~

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped- Anthony Robbins

~

If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much - Jim Rohn

~

If you put off everything until you're sure of it, you'll get nothing done- Norman Vincent Peale

~

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing - Theodore Roosevelt

~

We can chart our future clearly and wisely only when we know the path which has led to the present- Adlai Stevenson

~

One thing is sure. We have to do something. We have to do the best we know how at the moment...if it doesn't turn out right, we can modify it as we go along- Franklin D. Roosevelt

~

The H.A.L.T. method. Never make a decision when you are Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired- David DeNotaris

~

A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows public opinion- Chinese proverb


5 comments:

  1. I have to say the HALT is my favorite. In fact, I am stealing it!

    I understand about sleepless nights and indecision, trust me. We MUST leave these things in His hands. Talk to Him about it and then let Him take control. He can restore your sleep and give you the answers you need. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HALT is my favorite, too.
    Our calendar has some good quotes.
    "Your future depends on many thing, but mostly on you."

    And better yet:
    "Courage is not the lack of fear. It is acting in spite of it."

    For what it's worth, I think you're very courageous, Bethany.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for these. I've been feeling stressed quite a bit lately. Nice reminders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon used one of my most favorite quotes, ever. Courage is not the lack of fear. It is acting in spite of it.

    May you have boundless amounts of courage to make the decision you wrestle with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the worst decision maker ever!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)