Saturday, June 26, 2010

Jealousy

I struggle a lot with jealousy, especially within my own family. When I spend a large amount of time with my family, as I prepare to do while writing this post, jealousy is a huge topic in my mind. I’m jealous of my sisters and their boyfriends, for the most part.

Rarely does it cross my mind that anyone would be jealous of me, though. Over the past few weeks, a few of my friends and/or former coworkers have told me that I’m lucky- I get a start over. A new job, wherever I want, doing whatever I want. They are stuck back at school and I have a new beginning. I’ve also been traveling a lot while they are either bored at home or working part-time, with little or no trips on the horizon.

I was kind of blown away.

The fact that others would be jealous of my decision to quit my job…it’s been on my mind alot. I told the girls that if I had my way, I wouldn’t have a new beginning. I would rather be working at the school again, in a secure job, than trying to figure out the next step in my life.

And yet, they envy that new beginning I’ve been dealt.

The grass is always greener, isn’t it? Have you embraced new beginnings in your life recently? It’s hard…but it’s life, and I’ll do my best to be okay with it. Change is hard.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm trying to grasp change right now actually, as you know from reading my blog. I have worked w/ my company for almost 6 yrs but now, all of a sudden, I'm not happy. That's a hard pill to swallow. Like you though, I'm going to try and do my best to be okay with it.

    I think you need to focus more on yourself than others though. They (your family) are living their own lives and you should be doing the same (and you are). Stop comparing. Plus, your jealousy makes it impossible to be truly happy for your friends and family when something good happens for them & I'm sure that's not what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I envy people who don't have to live with pain and odn't mhave to deal with medical issues ALL the time. I try to give it all to God, but we're human right? Hard to live and let go both. But I do smile, and I try to be happy, because the Lord is my strength.

    I guess we all just do the best we can with what we're dealt. {hugz} to you, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. change is incredibly hard - I guess no one ever likes to feel "stuck" someplace - kinda like I've been the past 3-1/2 years. New beginnings are often the best thing that could ever happen....enjoy your's :-)

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)