Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Reading

A few of  my bloggy friends and I have begun sharing our summer reading lists. I love getting new ideas for books- sometimes I just walk through the library and pick up random books that look interesting. A few days ago I took a trip to the library and ended up walking out with 5 or 6 biographies.

I typically find books through Christianbook and Family Fiction on Facebook, as well as on Amazon (great for suggestions!), Heartsong Presents and Love Inspired. My library puts a cap on 50 books out at a time and I frequently reach that. Especially with all of the traveling I’ve been doing, reading is one thing I absolutely love about summer- more time to read!

On my reading list this summer…

TAKE FOUR, KAREN KINGSBURY (My favorite author!)

MURDER BY FAMILY, KENT WHITAKER

COOL BEANS, ERYNN MANGUM
 


THE RELUCTANT COWGIRL, CHRISTINE LYNXWILER

HANDLE WITH CARE, JODI PICOULT

A HEART TO SERVE, BILL FRIST

OUT OF HER HANDS, MEGAN DIMARIA

PLAIN PURSUIT, BETH WISEMAN



So, what are you reading this summer? Anything fun?

3 comments:

  1. Just finished The Bridge of Sighs (was a long one, but very good); now reading a steamy novel (not my normal fare, but I won it as a blog prize :D )

    ReplyDelete
  2. My #1 pursuit is reading, too! I think I've read every Christian book our tiny library has... so now I'm a regular inter-library loan customer, LOL!

    My two current reads: I Am Hutterite by Mary-Ann Kirkby... and The Greatest Generation by Tom Brokaw.

    My fave author is Karen Kingsbury, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen Kingsbury is my all time favorite. I read everything she writes!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)