Friday, June 04, 2010

Valley Travels

IMG_1031

I’ve been a busy girl! After graduation last Friday, I had Bug all weekend and through Memorial Day, worked Tuesday and headed out of town to the valley I grew up in. It was so good to catch up with old friends who are like family :)

During the few days I had Bug, we kept busy though! I took him to an Asian Festival downtown as well as the zoo, which recently acquired some polar bears! We didn’t explore as much as I would by myself due to Bug wanting to walk around by himself (and seeing as he’s 20 months old, it was slow going because he wanted to pick up every rock and blade of grass. You know how that goes!)

The Asian festival was neat- lots of small children dancing, which was cool to watch. :)
IMG_0930 IMG_0933

Lots of these around, and I like this picture!
 IMG_0942 IMG_0943

 

I did snap a few pictures of the polar bear but there was a baby flamingo at the zoo too- so cute and all legs!
IMG_0957 IMG_0958 IMG_0962 IMG_0965 IMG_0979 

 

After a few exhausting days, it was awesome to take a drive out to the valley--- ahh, I miss it already! The beginnings of my summer 2010 travels!
IMG_1010 IMG_1024 IMG_1025 IMG_1027    

And before I sign off for the night,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, STEVIE!!!! LOVE YA!

IMG_1154 - Copy

4 comments:

  1. hi Bethany!! you WON my monthly drawing EXCLUSIVELY from my list of followers. drop by my blog and be sure to email me your address so i can send your prize off on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH and these pictures are STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend. Awesome photos, toos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! looks like you are on your way to some fun summer adventures...and you won a Mamarazzi prize - awesome!! Aren't polar bears the best -- we went to the zoo last Monday and the bear tank is always a favorite place.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)