Wednesday, July 21, 2010

No News= Well, No News

I wish I had some exciting news for you all. 

Really, I do. 

But, alas, I have absolutely nothing. I guess I have "news" but it's not the kind of news I really enjoy sharing, which is why I've put it off for the past week. 

My summer job, which had the possibility of extending into the fall, will be ending in September sometime. Since I knew this was a possibility from the beginning, I wasn't exactly surprised but Care Bear's mom was upset and almost to the point of crying when she told me. Thankfully it has nothing to do with me- they love me- but feel that Care Bear would benefit from being with other kiddos and from seeing more than the apartment every day (and I agree). Hopefully, I'll still get to babysit for her occasionally because she really is a joy to care for!

So, I'm on the job hunt once again. This week has been really hard for me. Orientation started at my old school recently and while I enjoy hearing stories about the new children-- well, it is SO hard to know that I wouldn't be welcomed back for a visit to see my coworkers and the kids.  

Anyway, that's what I've been up to. Working, spending a lot of time at the park reading/thinking/praying/walking/biking...have to enjoy this beautiful summer weather while it lasts!

5 comments:

  1. Bummer :( Here's to hoping something comes your way very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww that's so sad! And just when you had such a sweet child to care for. Prayers for a quick replacement job... the Lord has something waiting for you, I'm sure.

    It's extremely hot here past couple weeks... in the upper 90s and 100s, whew! Plus that ol' humidity makes it feel worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no....what a disappointment!! So sorry to read that!! I hope things start to look up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there. You've made this long & this far, and there were times recently you felt as discouraged. You will pull through!
    I still have faith that something will open for you, at just the right time, and be great for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear that this job won't work out through the fall. Good luck with your job search and in the meantime keep doing what you're doing - enjoying the beautiful summer weather. I have to ask, though, where exactly is this beautiful weather. Here in New England it has been unbearably hot an humid for nearly 4 weeks now. What I wouldn't do for a beautiful summer day.

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)