Thursday, August 26, 2010

Grasping At Summer Straws

IMG_0335

IMG_0331

School has begun for most of the kids around here. My former students who graduated in May have begun their new journey in 1st grade. My old school will start in just about a week. The temperature is supposed to drop into the 40s tonight, and I’m sitting on the couch in sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Fall is coming, whether I’m ready for it or not (I can’t decide). I went on a bike ride and there are crunchy leaves on the ground…a fall breeze blowing through the trees.

I’m taking any last bit of summer I can…lazy warm afternoons at the park, and a road trip with my youngest sister tomorrow!

 

IMG_0316IMG_0317

 

How about you? Are you ready for summer to end?

      IMG_0329

3 comments:

  1. Well, you know MY answer to that question. ;)
    Where are you & your sister going? Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um...NOOOO!!! it's still summer here in PA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love your photos!

    In a sense, I am ready for summer to end so I can enjoy running more. BUT... I loved our time at the river in the hot sun. So it's a hard change!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)