Monday, August 30, 2010

Little League World Series!

When I was a young kid, I grew up in this house

IMG_3673
(Yes, it’s an old farmhouse. Yes, we had a barn. No, we weren’t supposed to go in it. Yes, we did go in it. And by the way, that air conditioner? Totally new. Did not have that!)

on this street
IMG_3672

IMG_3675

and went to this school
IMG_3662

with this view
IMG_3663

in the middle of the Pennsylvania countryside.
IMG_3670

I loved it- still do, but I live about 7-8 hours away now. I go back every chance I can though, so this past weekend I took my sister Rachael and we I spent 16 hours in the car, all to spend one day with this.

IMG_3620

Do you know what it is?
A place where I spent hours as a child every summer, doing this
IMG_3627

While most people at the field do this
IMG_3626

             IMG_3637        

The Little League World Series!
IMG_3613

We got to see Japan beat Taiwan and part of the Hawaii vs. Texas game on Saturday. We ate WAY too much junk food and were worn out but had a great time!

Okay, and I got to spend time with my best friend- we’ve known each other for what? 15 years, Stevie? It’s always great to see her and stay up way too late catching up ;-)
IMG_3617
(Yes, I’m wearing my rockin’ new glasses in that picture!)

It was a fantastic weekend…how was yours?
IMG_3667

IMG_3669

IMG_3565

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous place. Sounds like you had an idyllic childhood. I give you tons of credit for driving all that way for ONE DAY. I hate car rides. I could not have done it. Good for you. Love the new glasses, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15 years makes us sound so old doesn't it? how can it be? craaazzzyy! i'm so glad you came to visit! it's my turn next...i promise!! :-) love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Comments warmly welcomed! :-)